We are here to assist with disputes over rent payments, evictions or any other housing issues during COVID-19 and beyond.

PS Rent Repayment Covid Flyer.jpg

What you need to know about the law

Various restrictions (moratoria) on evictions have been enacted at the federal, state, county, and city levels. They protect tenants from action being taken for non-payment of rent provided the tenant has notified the landlord that due to impacts from the COVID-19 emergency, they are unable to pay full rent.


If a tenant can't pay rent, they do not need to fear eviction.


It is important to note:


  1. Once the moratorium ends, tenants are responsible for paying full rent, unless they work out an agreement otherwise. We can help tenants and landlords craft those agreements - call or email us.

  2. The unpaid rent during the moratorium must be paid back within a certain period of time, depending on where you live.

  3. Laws are changing rapidly as new information on the development of the pandemic is released. The best way to learn about your rights during COVID-19 is to check for information on your City's or County's website or to call us. Please check for updates regularly or call or email us for more information.

Local law on moratoriums:

Santa Clara County

San Mateo County

Alameda County

San Jose Eviction Moratorium

San Jose Rent Increase Moratorium

Palo Alto

Mountain View

City of Santa Clara



Santa Clara County's eviction moratorium has been extended through August 31, 2020.  Tenants now have up to 6 months after the moratorium expires or terminates to repay at least 50% of the past-due rent, and up to 12 months after the moratorium expires or terminates to repay in full the past-due rent. More information here.

AB 3088: The Tenant, Homeowner, and Small Landlord Relief Act of 2020


To view resources provided for landlord's and tenant's on the State website, click here

What is covered in the presentation:


1. Overview of COVID-19 eviction protections

2. What to expect and what to prepare for

3. Small landlord mortgage relief options

To view the recorded presentation, please click here.

What you can do

Contact us


We can assist with the following:

  • Inform you about any laws that may affect you

  • Refer you to other agencies or organizations that may be able to help solve your problem

  • Provide counseling on the steps you can take

  • Help tenants and landlords work out a rent payment plan

  • Help property owners communicate with their lender

  • Etc.

Requirements of Landlords and Tenants


For those impacted, both Tenant and Landlords have notifications. 

Apply for Financial Assistance

Call 408-780-9134 or visit

The Santa Clara County Homelessness Prevention System has temporary financial assistance available to help low-income residents who have lost income and are unable to pay rent as a result of COVID-related impacts. If you live in a City with a Community Services Agency, be sure to contact them for additional financial assistance options.

Judge's Table

Small Landlord relief information

If you are a small landlord by definition below, please click here or call our HUD Homeownership Housing Counseling Department (HHC) to learn about what might be available.

Call 408-470-3730

  • Instagram - White Circle
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon

Project Sentinel, 1490 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050

2019 Project Sentinel. All Rights Reserved.